06:43

L'OFFICIAL PARIS Fashion Magazine

I have to admit I am a self confessed Fashion Magazine hoarder.
I remember at uni everybody used to rip images out of magazines for mood boards..... This used to kill me! A good fashion mag to me is like a piece of artwork in itself. All these beautiful photoshoots and images all compiled into a portable treat to get lost in....
I have just received the new L'OFFICIEL PARIS magazine with Beyonce as the cover shoot. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding this issue of L'officiel. Beyonce was meant to look like African royalty and had her face voluntary darkened for the shoot. Critics have protested over what they deemed another instance of offensive blackface for the sake of fashion, However fans are arguing that the shoot was very artistic.
Personally I think the shoot is beautiful, with lots of African styled prints bold Jewellery pieces its nice to see a fashion shoot that is a bit different and not so predictable like most shoots are.





0 comments:

Post a Comment