Paper Fashion

16:37

Whilst in my studio getting my new mood board together for my new silk scarf collection I came across Jennifer Collier.

It is unusual that something grabs my attention as much as Stafford based paper artist Jennifer Collier did. Her work is so delicate and beautiful I think I looked at every single piece on her website... at least 3 times! She creates everything from paper, the papers themselves are often pages from books or maps which would otherwise be thrown away. I love how much attention to detail she pays in her work. I sat for ages looking at images of her work and noticing new things every time I looked. This is what I try and create whilst drawing designs for my scarves. I like the fact that you look at something and then the more you look the detail you see.

I often have women pick up a scarf and comment on the design and then a few moments later they notice something new... and then again and again! I think Jennifer Collier's work is probably like this too! I love the tiny stitch marks and mixed media of her work. My favourites have to be the paper binoculars and the stamp dress! I don't know why but these pieces just make me smile.


  


0 comments:

Post a Comment